From:
Fiona Coombes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 1995 01:20:00 GMT
Hi Tina
The New Zealand people at ILCA are right, NZ was the first country to give
women the vote, although Australia was not far behind (so says my historian
husband). Western Australia and some other states had given women the vote
earlier, and then the Aust Commonwealth Govt gave them the vote after that.
The USA and UK were 'relatively slow' in giving them the vote (not my words,
blame Bryce the historian!!)

Fiona Coombes
Perth Western Australia
(And Bryce Moore the historian and non-fiction editor)