Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 08:12:29 -0400
<< "Those cost about $900 and you might want
to take it back after you are finished with it."

Put yourself in my place. What would you have done? >>

I might have said something like this:

"You know, it's quite possible that the reason that the person who rented
you the Lactina never asked for it back because they lost your phone
number. The pump may have been leased from the manufacturer, so they may
still be looking for it.

I'll call you with Medela's #800 number after I get back home today. You
can call them and give them the serial number of the pump. Perhaps they can
help you with getting the pump back to it's owner when you are finished
with it."

I might not have thought of saying this at the time, but I would never
hesitate calling back the mom and mentioning this over the phone.

Warmly,
Wendy Goldenthal
Owner, Nursing Mother Supplies
Devon, PA
Who received a surprise Lactina pump in the mail last year. The return
address was the Phillies baseball team office. It had belonged to a rental
station that had been closed for years and the pump had been written off
the books. All I had to do was forward it back to the manufacturer.
Unfortunately, I had no name, so I couldn't write a thank you note.....