From:
Ali Crehan Feeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 10:51:46 -0400
In times of crisis, we reach for the familiar. With a disaster this large,
people often need to approach it from a specific angle, because it's utterly
impossible to get one's arms around the entire scope of things. Piece by
piece, we all tackle it, and we rely on our own areas of expertise to guide
us through something that is terrifying and consuming. We do what we know,
because it is all we know how to do until some semblance of normalcy is
attained, and because we feel helpless if we do nothing.

The breastfeeding community's centrical response is not unique in the wake
of Katrina. Those concerned with animal welfare are strategizing ways to
save the pets left behind by evacuating owners. Those concerned with elder
care reform are raging about the people who drowned in nursing homes waiting
for rescuers who never came - and so on, on it goes.

We do what we know, because it is all we know how to do.  And it is far
better than doing nothing.

Ali Crehan Feeney
Quincy, MA
breastfeeding counselor
http://lactiferous.blogspot.com

   << Yes, but what else did the article say??? The little boy and girl
inthe
  bathroom??? They had been raped and strangled and we are worried the about
  the baby beingbreastfed!!!!!! Now that's really sad. >>