Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:00:40 EST
I am just returning from the NC LLL Parenting Conference and want to say they
did an awesome job this year!! I especially enjoyed Natalie Wilson's session
on Oxytocin. My daughter attended with me along with her nursling. She said it
was so wonderful to spend a weekend totally supported in her parenting
decisions. I did a session on Breast Health Issues for which some of you emailed
pictures which were very helpful--thank you.  That was a new topic for me and I
enjoyed the research. I also presented a session on Community Breastfeeding
Programs, focusing on wha'ts happening in NC. I have presented that topic before
but the info has to be updated each year. And it was so great to see so many
"old" friends from over the years. Now I am preparing for the Breastfeeding
Trends and Issues Conference that our Task Force and Area Health Education Center
sponsors each year. That is on Thursday. Marsha Walker is our keynote speaker
this year.  I am doing a round table discussion at lunch on certifications.
So I am getting my breastfeeding education fix this week--which I really need
after the horrendous year that I have had!!
Barb Whitehead, BS, IBCLC, RLC
Eastern NC