From:
Deborah V Barr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 14:04:19 -0800
Did anyone hear the Tom Leykis show on 2/20/97?  He is a US talk show
host - fairly liberal - on in about 200 cities, I believe.  I caught the tail end
of the first hour of the program.  Tom's guest was an Assemblyman from
California and they were discussing the pending breastfeeding legislation
in California.  The calls I heard from the public were positive (but I only
heard 10 of the 60 minutes).  The Assemblyman felt very positive that
the bill would pass without problems.  He said that there is so much more
awareness now (as opposed to two years ago) about the benefits of
breastfeeding!  Great job California!

Debi VanderMey Barr
Portland, Oregon