From:
Claire Bloodgood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:13:40 -0400
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:09:51 -0700, Esther Friedman
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi all,
>   I am posting with permission. I have a mom who is exclusively BF a 6
month old, supply is good and BF going well. Baby born as a result of IVF
following premature ovarian failure; ovaries were necrosed and had to be
surgically removed.  Mom is having hot flashes and vaginal atrophy, and is
bothered by the hot flashes but is more concerned about continuing to BF.
Doctor wants to put her on HRT and she is fearful about any drop in
supply.  <snip>

HRT to bring a mother's hormone levels up to normal is not the same as
starting with normal levels and increasing high enough to prevent pregnancy.

Is the baby eating solid foods yet?  If so, a drop in supply might not be
as much of a problem as it would be for an infant who is exclusively
breastfeeding.

-Claire Bloodgood, IBCLC