From:
Star Siegfried <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:48:45 -0700
Hi all,

I'm going to be seeing in my practice a woman who has Polands syndrome. She
is pregnant now and is hoping to breastfeed. Have any of you had experience
with this syndrome? Over the phone this gal shared with me that she has
just had a implant on the affected side and the other breast has very
little breast tissue. Any info would be appreciated. I will be following
her and let you all know how it goes. Polands syndrome might need to be
added to our list of IMS problems.

Congenital Breast Problems

Indications: The topic of congenital breast problems is quite wide. This
problem extends to the absence of the breast (amastia, Polands syndrome)
through the developmental abnormalities of the breast such as multiple
breasts, severe asymmetry, tuberous breasts, and some forms of Polands
syndrome

Thanks for your help.
Star Siegfried RN,BA,IBCLC