From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 May 1995 14:49:01 -0400
>Kathys A & B,
>
>Good points about what the mom is used to re pumping.  However, I have had to
>switch pumps more than once with a mom who is not getting from the smaller
>pump what she thinks she should, and will then be happy with the larger one.
> I wish the company would charge the same for both, as it is tempting to go
>to all smaller/cheaper pumps.

We went to all Lactinas because they are easier to transport, and break less
often. The price really wasn't an issue.

>Jan, I haven't seen a difference in milk yields in the two pumps my
practice. I have  160 pumps, and no one has ever complained. The hospital
here has Classics, and we have only Lactinas as of a few months ago. We
charged virtually the same for each pump, but found since there was no real
difference that WE could see, we would get rid of them, since we had more
breakage etc with them. They were heavy and a pain, especially when shipping
these to substations...YOWEE! Those UPS men got great arm strength...

It is unlikely that any LC I know would knowlingly give a mother a pump that
wouldn't work as well just to make a profit, but I guess it takes all kinds.

Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce RN, BSN, IBCLC (email = [log in to unmask])
"All truth goes through three stages. First it is ridiculed. Then it is
violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident." Schoepenhouer