From:
MunchknLLL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 22:08:41 EDT
Hi all especially Pam,

I just had to laugh when I read that the formula company rep said that Ruth
Lawrence had looked over their handouts. She recently co-authored a paper on
the practices of obstetricians regarding breastfeeding that stated that using
literature produced by formula companies is inconsistent with the promotion of
breastfeeding by the OBs. Yeah, I'll bet Ruth Lawrence has seen the handouts.
That does *not* mean that she approves!

Reference:
Howard CR, Schaffer SJ, Lawrence RA. Attitudes, practices, and recommendations
by obstetricians about infant feeding. Birth 1997 24(4):240-246

Warmly,
Carol Kelley LLLL
Taylors SC
PS: Somebody ought to tell Dr Lawrence about what this guy is saying.