From:
cillakat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 07:14:49 -0400
On Thursday, September 12, 2002, at 05:45 AM, Jennifer James wrote:

> - cry to the point his clothes were saturated with perspiration
> - by placing your hand in the middle of his back you could feel his
> bowel racing around and hear it "grumbling"
> - never smiled always had a frown expression on his face.
> - never able to be put down.
> Nappies - explosive actions
> - green colour watery consistency with "grainy thready" material
> through it

I will scream at the top of my lungs if no one has suggested for this
mom to go off gluten immediately.  Sounds like this baby has celiac
disease.  The celiac archives are filled with stories like this.  Most
docs will say that it's impossible for a nb to have celiac or gluten
intolerance.   The case histories in the archives tell a different
story.  Urge the mom to research this immediately and get herself off
gluten ASAP.  Being gluten free will be worlds easier than the
difficulties she's been facing now.

Just so happens that the formula is gluten free.  I too has problems
with persistent thrush prior to going GF.  I now eat GF, but plenty of
sugar;/ and no longer have yeast issue.  Again, the celiac archives are
full of info on this.

I'd look up further info and links but I'm still catching up from the
two day birth earlier this week.   Thank G-d that baby nursed:)

The mom can contact me if she'd like.

:)
katherine in atl