From:
"Careless, Andrea" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 1995 14:00:00 -0700
Here's a new question for you lactnetters (I think). A woman I know needs to
have a 24-hour Holter monitor (portable ECG) for a possible cardiac
arrythmia. She's breastfeeding a 2-year-old, about 4-5 times a day, and she's
concerned that her child might skew the test by jiggling the wires, grabbing
the electrodes or whatever.... Do you experts have any comments on the
likelihood
of this happening?

Her child is a reasonable type, and responds quite well to being told not to
touch, but he's still only 2!  This lady is in good health, but
often experiences dizziness, chest tightness, and lots of "fluttering" and
"extra beats" (in 2s and 3s). Her doc says it's probably not serious based on
past history and tests, but he wants to be sure. She is considering
putting off the test for a year or so, until the little one is weaned.
Comments, please?

Merci! -- Andrea C., science writer, Victoria,
Canada