From:
Sulman Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 1995 15:42:33 +0500
I want to second Martha Brower's opinion about the book "How to Talk So
Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk" by Adele Faber and Elaine
Mazlish as helpful in learning to listen to our kids at any age, rather
than rushing to respond with our own feelings.  (Getting beyond the "You
can't be hungry again - you just nursed 20 minutes ago" type of response.)
I found their other books, "Siblings Without Rivalry" (1987) and especially
their first one, "Liberated Parents, Liberated Children," (1974, 1990)to be
even easier to read and wonderfully sensitive, humorous, loving and
helpful.  These last two don't make you do "homework" exercises along the
way.)  They are books I am proud to own (they are available in paperback)
and read over and over, learning more each time.  I once heard Adele Faber
speak, and she was wonderful.

The "Grow Your Own Breast Tissue" reseach article made front page news in
Madison, WI's morning newspaper Tues, Sept 19.  The last sentence pointed
out that these cells won't produce milk, so the FDA will probably allow
them as "tissue engineering for purely structural or cosmetic purposes."

Anne Altshuler, RN, MS, IBCLC, LLL Leader