ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Wurtak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 16:09:06 -0600
Hello Peter,

I'm just catching up on emails, so sorry for the delay.  You might like to check out a website that I helped create - it dealt with astronomy and aboriginal beliefs, interwoven throughout various sections.  The development team actually planned and prepared significantly more content than appears on the site, but due to various constraints had to be limited.  We involved various aboriginal communities in Canada (Blackfoot in Alberta; Cree and Anishinabe here in Manitoba) and also aboriginals in Australia and Torres Islands.

The site contains images, stories narrated by aboriginals, artist descriptions of their work, and tons of facts.  It was developed with youth as the primary audience, so has lots of interactions in a highly graphic, almost cartoony look.  You get to "drive" a lunar rover, and search for/pick up artifacts that bring you to various sections of the site.

Anyway, it might be worth a look... www.virtualmuseum.ca

Go to: VMC Exhibits

	Science and Nature

	Cosmic Quest: Discovering Astronomy through Science and Culture

or try this direct link: http://www.virtualmuseum.ca/Exhibitions/Cosmos/index_en.html

Best,

George Wurtak

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

End of ISEN-ASTC-L Digest - 29 Dec 2004 to 30 Dec 2004 (#2004-288)