ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kua Patten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:03:37 -0800

So I'm curious as to how the child attacking the wolf puppet is
considered to be "flunking"?
My impression is that he got caught up in the story and that it
became a very immersive experience for him.

Coming from both and art and science background, my view has evolved
that it is not that the museum "flunks" the visitor, but that the
museum "flunks" in the mind of the visitor. I believe that if
something provokes a response in the visitor, either pro or con, then
that thing has succeeded in some measure. The failure is when the
response to the object or program is indifference.

--
Kua Patten MFA
Acting Director

"Chaos demands to be recognized and experienced before letting itself
be converted into a new order"
Hermann Hesse