HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Cathy Spude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 10:53:24 -0600
Histarchers:

Since you have all been so helpful with whiskey and cigars, I thought I'd

ask another question dear to everyone's heart.

What did they call the little house out back in 1905. I mean in colloquial

terms? Not what the polite people called it, but what the guys would call

it in the saloon? I call it the privy. The Sanborne map people called it

the privy. The newspaper man found all sorts of clever ways to get around

it whenever he had to refer to it all.

Any ideas?

Cathy

Catherine Holder Spude ¨ Archeologist ¨ Cultural Resources Management ¨

National Park Service – Intermountain Region ¨ 505.988.6831Voice ¨

505.988.6876 Fax

 The National Park Service cares for special places saved by the American

              people so that all may experience our heritage.