HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Cathy Spude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:59:10 -0700
I LOVED York AND the conference! I second Bob Schyler in congratulating

Harold and his colleagues. Everything ran very smoothly. It was one of the

most enjoyable conferences I have been to, and I've been going since 1975.

I only saw the York Minster once, but walked around with my mouth open the

entire time. I hope God didn't suck my soul from me. He had the chance. I

also enjoyed the Jorvik Viking Center, Disney ride and all. Hubby, kid and

I showed up ten days early and toured the entire country from London to

Stonehenge to Camelot to the Cornish Coast to Stratford to Edinburgh to the

home of my ancestors. I wonder why they ever left. We'll be back, as we

couldn't possibly see it all. I got the accent down pretty fair until we

got to York, then it all fell apart. I wondered why they didn't speak

English. No one begrudged my nationality.

Thank you, Harold, for a splendid time!

Cathy

Catherine Holder Spude ¨ Archeologist ¨ Cultural Resources Management ¨

National Park Service – Intermountain Region ¨ 505.988.6831Voice ¨

505.988.6876 Fax

 The National Park Service cares for special places saved by the American

              people so that all may experience our heritage.