HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Catherine Spude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:46:32 -0600
Carl:

I believe NPS spokesman David Barna (any relation?) said solicitors from Interior were working with Justice to figure out whether to bring criminal charges as well as civil charges gains the developers.

Sounds to me like folks are putting their heads together to figure out how to throw the books at these creeps.

If a ranger had arrested the guy driving the bulldozer, what would he have arrested him for? ARPA violation? Destroying government property? We all know it wasn't the equipment operator who was the criminal here. Or the construction supervisor. Give NPS a break. Let them figure out who to prosecute and what suite of crimes to charge them with.

In the meantime, inundate Kempthorne with letters. He's Bush Administration, not traditional Park Service. He needs to hear that people care about Resources, not Developers!

I also suggest we urge our representatives in our professional societies to weigh in on this issue as well. Well-written letters from SHA and SAA wouldn't hurt either.

Cathy

Catherine H. Spude, PhD
Retired NPS

7 Avenida Vista Grande #145
Santa Fe, NM 87508
505-466-1476 home
505-913-1326 cell

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire." Jenny Yates and Garth Brooks.