HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bob Genheimer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:06:39 -0400
Mark

There is also Sharon Woods Village near Cincinnati run by Historic Southwest Ohio.  They have reconstructed (rebuilt) five or six structures dating to the 19th century that attempt to reflect a small rural community.  Includes a train station, 1804 log house, a carpenter gothic, etc.  It sits within a county park, so has a nice rural feel, if not a bit articifial.  One of the goals of the village early on was to preserve endangered structures, so there is some bias.

Bob Genheimer
George Rieveschl Curator of Archaeology
Cincinnati Museum Center
1301 Western Avenue