HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
William Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2013 23:15:21 +0000
Fellow HISTARCHers,

For those of you interested in bottle and jar research, the Bottle Research Group is in the process of compiling and loading our Encyclopedia of Manufacturer's Marks on Glass Containers.  Currently, the files are integrated in Bill Lindsey's References page on the SHA server:

http://www.sha.org/bottle/References.htm

We will eventually have the volumes (one for each alphabetical letter) in a single, separated webpage, and we plan to make each volume (A, B, C, etc.) available in hard copy.  We are beginning with the "A" files.

Currently, the following are posted:

A.&D.H. Chambers
A.G.Co. Marks
Acme Glass Co.
Adams Companies
Adolphus Busch
Aetna/Arsenal Glass Works
Agnew Companies
*Alexandria Glass Co. [in AGCo Marks file]
Alfred Alexander
*Anacortes Glass Co. [in AGCo Marks file]
*Atlanta Glass Co. [in AGCo Marks file]
*Augusta Glass Works [in AGCo Marks file]

* glass houses in other files

A&DH Chambers will be up by early March

If a glass house began its name with the initial "A," we have included that in the "A" files (e.g., A.G. Smalley & Co.).

Please note the new work e-mail below.  NMSU revised its system.

Bill

Bill Lockhart
Professor of Sociology
New Mexico State University