HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
William Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2013 18:24:13 +0000
I have had some e-mails asking for further information.  I had addressed two different publications.

The short booklet entitled "Manufacturer's Marks and Other Logos on Glass Containers" is a "cheat sheet" or shortcut for people just wanting quick information.  It is a list of logos, makers and dates.  That is the one for sale at $12.

The major volume is the "Encyclopedia of Manufacturer's Marks on Glass Containers."  This is an in-depth look at the histories, logos, containers, etc. involved in the manufacturing of bottles and jars.  It is very comprehensive.  We have only finished the A Volume.  The final product is about 10 years in the future and will be about 10,000 pages long - although we hope to have the B Volume finished by February 2012.

Both of these are free online at Bill Lindsey's Historical Bottle Webpage (http://www.sha.org/bottle/makersmarks.htm ).  The books on Lulu.com are in bound format for those who prefer actual books.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion,

Bill

Bill Lockhart