HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 03:56:26 -0400
Last January, following the SHA in St. Louis, I rented a car and drove around
Illinois, Missouri, and Indiana just looking for historical sites. The
reconstructed houses in Nauvoo, Illinois included the Browning Gunshop (I cant
recall his first name). He built his house over a cistern so his wife could climb
down to fetch water during winter and not freeze. It is still there, but closed
wiht a trap door now.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.