HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kathryn Kalmanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 14:22:37 -0400
Scott,
A little known but possibly useful book is:
Salt--That Necessary Article, by Isabel Williams and Leora McEachern; privately published (I think)  in Wilmington, NC, 1973.
It has been many years since I saw this book, so my memory is a bit hazy, but I believe it has some material you would find helpful and has a good bibliography.  A number of libraries have it, so your library should be able to borrow a copy for you.

Kathryn Kalmanson
Head of Reference
Blackwell Library
Salisbury State University
Salisbury, MD  21801
Phone:  410-543-6190
Fax:       410-543-6203
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/15/01 12:20PM >>>
Hello Histarchers...
  I was wondering if anyone had information (in form of citation, reference, recommendation, etc...) regarding Revolutionary period saltworks along the Atlantic coast.  I am looking for any accounts, descriptions, etc... regarding a frequently overlooked and relatively short-lived maritime industry.
 Thanks
Scott