HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dan Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:19:09 -0500
I worked for a CRM'er with broad local, state, and federal contacts for a
decade with no health insurance most of the time, no education benefits, no
401k's, no overtime even with long hours on rushed projects, less pay than a
primary educator, lots of parasites and bodily environmental degradation
including clay shoveler's back.  Benefits included workman's comp (really
designed to limit an employers liability) and the benefit of a doubt. I
slowly figured out that I would have to retire myself if it was ever going
to happen and hung out my own shingle.  Contract firms with decent benefit
packages are scarce around here.  The only retirees I've seen are from state
positions.  Show me the money:):):)

Dan Allen
Cumberland Research Group, Inc.
and