HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dan Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:52:53 -0600
Good morning to the list:)

Can anyone on the list point me toward a down-and dirty method/material of
casting lithic blades?  Our small CRM firm has been salvaging a large
mid-Holocene cemetery with a small budget and have encountered several
inhumations with cache blade inclusions.  Can't afford the Lithic Casting
Lab.com.  We only have a month or so before we will have to rebury the
artifact inclusions and human remains, and wish to cast the blades in our
lab for retention in the assemblage.  Any advice is greatly appreciated:)

Dan Allen
Cumberland Research Group, Inc.
and
Graduate Research Assistant