Reply To:
HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2013 20:38:43 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
I would like to add my thanks as well. This is a very useful article. The tables are well laid out, the illustrations very clear, and the text cogent. I have seen fragments of these ceramics all over the NW, mostly from the turn of the century through the 30's. They were very popular, and with good reason because they were very well made and brilliantly decorated. Thanks again for a very welcome contribution to archaeology.
Dan Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carl Steen
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 7:05 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Japanese Porcelain Article

In the 2012 issue of Ceramics in America Douglas Ross has contributed an article on Japanese porcelain based on his work at Don Island, British Columbia. I found this very interesting because I know very little about the topic, and only know of one time where I found porcelain I knew was made in Japan - and that's because it said so, right there on the base. (interestingly, in context with German porcelain in a cistern filled in when the Army cleared the adjacent building for use in 1941). So to see numerous real world (ie, non-museum) examples clearly illustratedand well described is great - a welcome and useful introduction to the topic. This is yet another valuable contribution by Ceramics in America. Thanks Rob Hunter, Chipstone, and Douglas Ross.

Carl Steen

ATOM RSS1 RSS2