HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 01:32:47 -0400
I saw that TV show on PBS and the chinking between the logs was so bad you
could see daylight, which means the heat escaped. This reminds me of the time
several Kumeyaay Indians taught me how to roast agave cactus and laughed when I
spread the dirt too thin over the red hot rocks and agave hearts, thus
allowing smoke to escape and the agave never cooked. The key to successful heating or
cooking is keeping the heat inside.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.