HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 03:00:35 -0400
Lyle,

While you are considering national legislation to define "archaeologist" in
order prevent privy pirates from using our professional title, Governor Arnold
Schwarzenegger and his Performance Review Committee are considering
eliminating the California Office of Historic Preservation and SHPO, thus eliminating
any chance to regulate privy pirates. Of course the issue is bigger, as he is
contemplating eliminating all commissions, boards, and public hearing bodies in
the State of California in order to reduce government costs. After that,
anyone will be able to use the title. I doubt seriously President Bush would sign a
bill of that nature.

And yes, Anita, this is a cheap advertisement for letters to be sent to
Governor Schwarzenegger to object to elimination of the State Historic Resources
Commission and SHPO in California.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.