Tue, 7 Sep 2004 07:38:28 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)
Thanks, John

When I read the lyrics, provided by one of the other readers on the list, I

realized it was probably too late for my period. I guessed late twenties,

so I wasn't off by much. I DO appreciate your help.

All of you have been GREAT!!!

Cathy

Catherine Holder Spude ¨ Archeologist ¨ Cultural Resources Management ¨

National Park Service – Intermountain Region ¨ 505.988.6831Voice ¨

505.988.6876 Fax

The National Park Service cares for special places saved by the American

people so that all may experience our heritage.

John R Hyett                                                                                               

<john.hyett@BIGPO        To:       [log in to unmask]                                                        

ND.COM>                  cc:       (bcc: Cathy Spude/SANTAFE/NPS)                                          

Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: Cigareetes and Whiskey and Wild, Wild Women..                       

HISTORICAL                                                                                                 

ARCHAEOLOGY                                                                                                

<[log in to unmask]                                                                                          

>                                                                                                          

09/01/2004 09:00                                                                                           

PM ZE10                                                                                                    

Please respond to                                                                                          

HISTORICAL                                                                                                 

ARCHAEOLOGY                                                                                                

On my 78 rpm Tim Spencer is listed as the writer. A quick search comes up

with this URL http://www.westernmusic.org/HallOfFamefiles/TimSpencer.html

according to this, the song wouldn't have been written before 1934.

So not much use in your novel I'm afraid.

John

----- Original Message -----

To: <[log in to unmask]>

Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 12:53 AM

Subject: Re: Cigareetes and Whiskey and Wild, Wild Women..

> So how old IS this song? Could someone have known it in 1905? Can I put

it

> in my novel, assuming I can get permission?

>

> Cathy

>

>

> Catherine Holder Spude ¨ Archeologist ¨ Cultural Resources Management ¨

> National Park Service – Intermountain Region ¨ 505.988.6831Voice ¨

> 505.988.6876 Fax

>  The National Park Service cares for special places saved by the American

>               people so that all may experience our heritage.

>

>

>

ATOM RSS1 RSS2