HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Cathy Spude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 07:38:28 -0600
Thanks, John

When I read the lyrics, provided by one of the other readers on the list, I

realized it was probably too late for my period. I guessed late twenties,

so I wasn't off by much. I DO appreciate your help.

All of you have been GREAT!!!

Cathy

Catherine Holder Spude ¨ Archeologist ¨ Cultural Resources Management ¨

National Park Service – Intermountain Region ¨ 505.988.6831Voice ¨

505.988.6876 Fax

 The National Park Service cares for special places saved by the American

              people so that all may experience our heritage.

                      John R Hyett

                      <john.hyett@BIGPO        To:       [log in to unmask]

                      ND.COM>                  cc:       (bcc: Cathy Spude/SANTAFE/NPS)

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: Cigareetes and Whiskey and Wild, Wild Women..

                      HISTORICAL

                      ARCHAEOLOGY

                      09/01/2004 09:00

                      PM ZE10

                      Please respond to

                      HISTORICAL

                      ARCHAEOLOGY

On my 78 rpm Tim Spencer is listed as the writer. A quick search comes up

with this URL http://www.westernmusic.org/HallOfFamefiles/TimSpencer.html

according to this, the song wouldn't have been written before 1934.

So not much use in your novel I'm afraid.

John