HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 15:10:50 -0500
Lee,

While I have a fancy converting calculator, I find it easier to use a
converting website such as the WWW Unit Converter at:

http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/

It converts most measurements (sorry, no cubits!), it's free, and I can cut
and paste really long numbers into spreadsheets and reports without
worrying about eleven decimal spaces!

Dave

At 01:04 PM 6/4/01 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi Richard,
>
>I use a similar calculator designed to convert to and from
>metric.  Very handy item and shirt pocket size.  Found it at
>an office supply store for about $20 some 4-5 years ago.
>Its a Metric Converter model 830009 made by Sper Scientific.
>
>I've seen converting calculators advertised in Ben Meadows
>and Forestry Supply company catalogs -- they run about $48
>and more.  Have also seen them at Wal-Mart and K-Mart stores
>(less expensive) as well as an engineering supply house
>(very expensive).
>
>Lee Bennett
>Bennett Management Services LLC
>Monticello, Utah