HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ned Heite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 07:05:42 -0100
On any question regarding watercraft, consult the ship modelling
literature. The Nautical Research Journal is probably the most widely
circulated, and it is loaded with details about deep sea fishing craft.
Ship modellers are maniacs when it comes to details about obsolete
technology. Sound familiar?

Go to the ship modellers for your information. They will help. Any good
maritime museum can put you into the network.

Too frequently, archaeologists tend to forget that they are brushing
against research into subjects where others are fanatical. IMHO, the
archaeological literature is the last place to look, when you want fresh
information for historical archaeological interpretation.

I shall now retire to my bomb shelter and wait for the next digest.

Regards,

Ned Heite

P O Box 53
Camden, Delaware 19934 USA