HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Efstathios I. Pappas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:21:41 -0400
  One potential source of data that is often overlooked is the Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) which has a number of reports related to standing (at least at the time) roundhouses and repair facilities.

 http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/collections/habs_haer/

 Although these are not overtly archaeological and often are mostly architectural and engineering documentation, the wealth of data in these reports may be helpful for understanding an archaeological deposit. I have done some work with the railroad roundhouse and shop complex in Jamestown, California which might be of some help. If you have any questions I would be happy to assist you.

 Stathi Pappas

 Efstathios I. Pappas, MS
 Doctoral Student
 Department of Anthropology/096