HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Karen Jane Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2012 03:25:52 +0000
Hi Erin

I undertook my honours research on the site formation processes of the sub-floor deposits at the Commissariat Store in Brisbane, Queensland. The original excavation was undertaken in the 1970s and there was some description of the deposits both ground floor and in ceiling deposits that sound similar to the ones you are looking at. I looked at the historical, artefact and stratigraphic data to identify the site formation processes for the site. I didn't look at the ceiling deposits, but you might find some useful information. You can download the thesis at http://espace.library.uq.edu.au/view/UQ:9510

Cheers
Karen

Dr Karen Murphy
Historical Archaeologist
BBus (Tourism), BA (Hons - Archaeology), PhD (Historical Archaeology)
Sinclair Knight Merz
452 Flinders Street, Melbourne  VIC  3000
PO Box 312, Flinders Lane Melbourne  VIC  8009
T  +61 3 8668 3088   F  +61 3 8668 3001   M  +61 429 166 475   E  [log in to unmask]
www.globalskm.com