HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Laurie Burgess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 09:42:34 -0400
We've initiated a quarterly e-newsletter to keep folks informed about
Anthropology at the Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History.  Some
historical archaeology will be covered periodically (for example, ongoing
excavations at early Basque sites in Canada, updates on our exhibit planned
for October '07, Written in Bone: Life and Death in the Colonial Chesapeake)
along with other departmental research, like Bronze Age excavations in
Mongolia, new developments in the origins agriculture in North America,
phytolith studies in Panama, new publications and the like.

If you would like to receive this e-newsletter, you can sign up on the
Department's homepage at http://www.nmnh.si.edu/anthro/ or you can send an
email to [log in to unmask] (if you'd like to include your affiliation and
area of research, that would be great).

Laurie Burgess