HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jennifer Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 04:45:15 -0400
Hi everyone, I'm mainly just a lurker too :).  My name is Jennifer Palmer,
and I live in Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania in a ca 1890s farmhouse with
my husband, pets, and stable of vintage Land Rovers when I'm not away on a
CRM project somewhere.  I graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania
with a BA in Anthro and have been working as a crew chief or field tech in
CRM for about 9 years in various areas throughout the U.S.  Right now I'm
about halfway through a certificate program in historic preservation at Drew
University in Madison, NJ and hope to pursue historic preservation also in
graduate school (likely the limited residency program at Goucher College in
Baltimore as it would allow me to continue to work in CRM and travel).  I
have always preferred working on historic archaeological sites, especially
anything that involves foundations or has evidence of former structures.
Ideally I would love a job that could somehow combine elements of historic
archaeology and architectural history...

Since 1996 I've also been the webmaster of archaeologyfieldwork.com, which
has evolved to a message forum-based website listing jobs, resumes,
internships, volunteer opportunities, and all sorts of information for those
in the internet archaeology community (the URL is
http://www.archaeologyfieldwork.com if you'd like to check it out).

Nice to meet everyone! :)

Jennifer Palmer

Use custom emotions -- try MSN Messenger 6.0!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_emoticon