HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jennifer Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 11:37:37 -0500
Hello everyone, and the usual apologies for cross-posting.  I'm currently
working on several projects for my website archaeologyfieldwork.com (have to
make something of the downtime between semesters!).  The first project is a
guide to health and safety for archaeologists.  I've thought of doing
something along these lines for years - a document that would be especially
useful to students in field school addressing the various dangers of working
in the field (subjects such as dealing with extreme weather conditions,
poison ivy, harmful insects and animals, safety during hunting season,
working along roads, alongside heavy equipment, hazardous materials
encountered on projects, OSHA confined spaces regs, etc).

The second project planned is a comprehensive links page of legislation
pertaining to archaeology and historic preservation.  ACRA does have a great
page for this on the web (http://www.acra-crm.org/legallinks.html), though I
would also like to expand this to include laws in other countries and also
address entities other than the U.S. government who may have influence
pertaining to archaeology and historic preservation (such as a particular
state's historic register or links to county archaeologists).

The third project in the works is a very large directory of internet
websites that are of particular usefulness to students and professionals in
archaeology, historic preservation and cultural resource management.  I used
to have a version of this on my website in the past, though it unfortunately
bit the dust on my old laptop when the hard drive burned up.

If anyone would like to contribute content or links for any of the above
projects, please contact me off-list at [log in to unmask]

(And, as always, I am looking for other content for archaeologyfieldwork.com
including archaeology and architectural history job postings, as well as
updates for our worldwide list of cultural resource and heritage management
firms list.)

Thanks... :)

Jennifer Palmer
Webmaster, archaeologyfieldwork.com

http://www.archaeologyfieldwork.com

Share holiday photos without swamping your Inbox.  Get MSN Extra Storage
now!  http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es