HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Galke, Laura" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2013 12:40:25 -0500
Assistant Site Director (Fredericksburg, VA)

The George Washington Foundation (GWF) is now accepting applications for
an Assistant Site Director. This is the 11th year of an intensive,
large-scale excavation at George Washington's Ferry Farm, located in
Fredericksburg, Virginia.

 The successful candidate will participate in field excavations in
addition to assisting with administrative duties, record checking,
logistics, and educational activities associated with the project's two
undergraduate field schools.

 A National Historic Landmark, Ferry Farm is the eighteenth-century
plantation home where George Washington grew to manhood.  The emphasis
of the archaeological research at this outdoor museum is the colonial
era, but prehistoric and Civil War components are frequently
encountered.  This is a public archaeology site, where field staff
interacts with museum visitors and occasionally provide tours on a daily
basis.

The position continues from April 29 to August 23. We work 40 hours a
week, typically Monday through Friday, but our efforts will include at
least one Saturday.  Fieldwork takes place in the full sun.  The
position pays $14 an hour.  Per Diem, housing and meals are NOT
included.  We are open, and will be excavating, on the July 4th and
Memorial Day holidays.

Applications will be accepted until February 28, 2013. Interested
candidates should e-mail a resume to Laura Galke, Field Director, at

 GWF is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities
are encouraged to apply.

Regards,

Laura Galke

The George Washington Foundation