HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Matchen, Paul (Austin,TX-US)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 08:52:54 -0400
I know from our family research that Huguenots fleeing from France(some
of my ancestors were from Sedan) after Louis the XIV issued the Edict of
Fontainebleau (1685), which made Protestantism illegal, stopped over in
Brussels before taking refuge in England and Ireland.  My ancestors
resided in London for a time before traveling and staying briefly in
Amsterdam on their way to Virginia in the 1690s.

Paul M. Matchen, M.A., R.P.A.