HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Geoff Carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 19:43:00 +0000
isn't that always the case? i've been working on how we were late in picking up on foucault (and then misapplying him, and lyell, and a lot of other stuff we borrowed from other disciplines anyway, not having bothered to learn much about their original contexts or contingencies), and here we're going down the same dark road again, picking up a few stray scraps of ideas from somewhere without bothering to check where they'd been or what their applicability might be -
besides: MoLAS had a bit of reflexivity included in their context sheets since way back (at least the early 90s) and the Durham University unit has some great stuff there in its icons -
hodder should at least have done a better job of giving credit to those who put it into practice first