From:
Ian Crisp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 23:33:44 +0100
My old sparring partner Don Satz writes of Ian Bostridge:

>I consider him the leading current tenor in the world.

Some years ago, while I was living in Scotland, I heard him in the
Australian Opera production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream" at the Edinburgh
Festival, and a few weeks later I sat in the Tramway in Glasgow, only a few
feet away from him as he sang the Serenade for Tenor, Horn and Strings.

Since those two performances, I have not doubted that he is a very
exceptional singer, and a very fine musician as well.  He deserves far
greater recognition, and I expect that he will eventually get it.

Ian Crisp