From:
David Cheng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 08:58:22 -0400
Coming up next: another WMV event at BannerArts Studio, Saturday night
October 19 at 7:30 pm, 4233C Howard Ave, Kensington (see website for
map).

Program: The great Bb Piano Sonata of Franz Schubert (his last work,
and one of his most beautiful), three short pieces by Swedish/American
composer Ulf Grahn, and Shooting Star by Bob Dylan, all performed by
Carl Banner.

Also on the program: Linda Joy Burke, well-known Baltimore performance
poet.  Linda has been active in the spoken word movement in the Mid-
Atlantic region for over 20 years.  Her poems have been published in
Quintessence, Obsidian II Black Literature in Review, Passager-a Journal
of Remembrance, Articulate, and the Word Up Baltimore CD Collection.
With her will be bassist Harry J.  Walker, who recently performed with
David Wilcox at Wolf Trap.  He recorded with State of the Groove on their
album "The Funk Revisited" and has performed with singer songwriter Lisa
Jordan and with numerous poets at the Baltimore Museum of Art.

The BannerArts studio performances are the most informal of our events.
There are no reservations, so come early to guarantee a seat. The first
65 people will be seated a=80' after that it is standing room only!
Note: We have raised our admission fee to $12 at the door.

For more information go to www.geocities.com/washingtonmusicaviva.

David Cheng <[log in to unmask]>