From:
Jan Templiner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 01:07:52 +0200
Donal Satz said:

>I love Alfred Brendel's Philips recordings of Haydn's piano sonatas, and
>Andras Schiff isn't far behind.

I wonder whether anyone else has Rudolf Buchbinder's recordings on Teldec.
They're reissued in a ten-CD budget-priced set, and I am very, very happy
with them.  While it obviously is no fortepiano, I think he conveys the
"spirit of the music" (whatever that is) very well.

>For the symphonies, check out Colin Davis on Philips.

You can also consider Adam Fischer on Brilliant (licensed from Nimbus),
which offers unbeatable value for the money.

Jan