From:
"D. Stephen Heersink" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 22:37:09 -0700
Kim Patrick Clow <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Speaking of Naxos: they are in a project of recording a fair number of the
>Vanhal Symphonies.  I would just drool to hear those same works performed
>by Hogwood.  Or a Dittersdorf cycle.  But whom I am kidding? We are lucky
>that even this much of Papa Haydn has made it to disc.

I can't claim an interest in having Hogwood do the Vanhal symphonies,
but the first release from Naxos is very, very good.  What a wonderful
symphonist, too long neglected.  Once again, Naxos is out on a limb, and
hopefully will complete THIS cycle.

"D. Stephen Heersink" <[log in to unmask]>