From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 20:00:28 -0500
Nick Perovich writes:

>What composer does for you in the way Mozart does for me?

JS Bach is in this category for me.  There isn't a piece of his music
I don't identify with.  It just isn't a matter of his music giving me
everything I could possibly want - it's how well he does it all.

I usually get a chuckle out of some Bach lovers who tend to let everyone
know how Bach *should* be played.  I just want to listen to Bach
performances which enter my soul and make me feel that I'm his musical
soulmate.

Don Satz