From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 12:52:07 -0400
John Smyth wrote:

>Seriously, I have never seen such an embarrassment of riches as one can
>find on one street in Berkeley, and in San Francisco--six(!) huge used
>CD stores within a 5 mile radius there.  If any of you are planning on
>visiting the area I would be happy to give you the tour, and spend spend
>spend.  I am told that New York City doesn't even come close.  Portland,
>OR is ok, as is San Diego; but nothing like what lies by the bay.  Write!

Sorry I missed you, JOhn.  I was there last fall.  I bought quite a bit of
stuff after making the tour.  You should try come to Boston.  We don't have
the sheer number of discs, but I think the selection is better, especially
in vinyl.  In any case, this is another fine spot to blow money on records
and CDs.

I agree about New York.  There are places, but really, if you're in New
York looking for records, head south to the Princeton Record Exchange in
Princeton.  You can do it by New Jersey Rail.  Takes about an hours.  Its
a big store with great selection and decent prices.  (NYC store are
expensive).

There is nothing like London, though, for vinyl.  Nothing I know about,
anyway.

Roger Hecht