From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 14:01:30 -0400
John Dalmas wrote:

>Roger Hecht wrote:
>
>>It's been a while, but (I) remember liking the Vienna Octet performance on
>>DGG as much as the one on London.
>
>Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the performance on DGG by the Vienna
>Philharmonic Octet? A different group from the Vienna Octet?

After finally digging this out, I can tell you that my LP calls it the
Vienna Chamber Ensemble.  One of the members is definitely from the VPO, so
who knows, it could be known as the Octet somewhere, too.  My guess is the
others are too.  Pretty confusing judging from the postings, but it seems
a lot of these guys form up here and there for performances and recordings.

Rereading my own post, it looks like I was saying the same group made both
recordings.  That I did not mean to imply, but "the one" obviously lacks
clarity so I asked for it.

Roger Hecht