From:
Joyce Maier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 1999 13:15:52 +0200
Margaret Mikulska wrote in response to John Halbrooks

>>My wife heard a piece on the radio by Beethoven yesterday.  It was called
>>"Six Easy Variations on a Swiss Air in F." When she told me about it, I was
>>surprised that I had never heard of it. [...]
>
>These Variations were written for piano or harp - probably the only work by
>LvB for harp.

Yes, but he gave a not unimportant role to the harp in his unfinished
music to Friedrich Duncker's play "Leonore Prohaska" (composed in 1815).
The second part is a romance for soprano and harp, called "Es blueht
eine Blume" and it's beautiful music, somewhat Schubert-like.

>The date of composition is not known; ca.  1790 is Kinsky's
>educated guess.  Published ca.  1798.  No mention in Beethoven's letters.

And may I add: WoO.64 and published by Simrock in Bonn.

Regards,
Joyce Maier ([log in to unmask])