From:
Mariana Cirne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 12:24:31 -0300
Thanks everyone.  As I said, I'm looking for information on Mozart which
might open up new ways of listening to his music.  I will give all of these
a try, and then I'll get back to you.:-) Just to clarify, I don't feel I
have the obligation to like any one composer, but I just think that having
the necessary information makes a world of difference when it comes to
classical music.  Besides, I have a limitation:  changing registers is
not that easy for me (this happens to me all the time in my academic life
- going to a class on contemporary epistemology right after a class on
Machiavelli makes me dizzy:-).  Yes, I have been listening to a lot of
music from the baroque and Romantic periods, so I may need some time to
get into the classical mood.

cheers,
Mariana.