From:
Andrew Carlan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 21:21:21 -0400
Unfortunately, Jim Hunsley, I just read something Chesterton wrote on
point.  I will paraphrase, if I am be so indulged.

>Any emotional reaction, even disgust, to music is acceptable and fine,
>and only proves that Cage is palpably interesting.

All humans are not equal in talent, intellectually, physically, morally,
etc.  But all human beings are equally interesting because the two most
powerful dramatic themes are the tragic and the comic.  Every man is equal
in facing death and every man is equal when chasing his hat.

Cage dead and surely chased his hat once or twice.  So, yes, he is
interesting.  You and I are also.  But not like Nielsen.

Andrew E. Carlan <[log in to unmask]>
Standing Up For Nielsen