From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 12:05:20 PST
Jon Lewis wrote:

>Well, here's my contribution to the list-making glut: which composers'
>music are you most resolved to explore in the coming year?

My musical resolutions don't have anything to do with specific composers
but with various genres and categories:

1.  I'm going to start acquiring more historical recordings.  Increasingly,
I feel that I'm missing out in this area.

2.  In general, more solo harpsichord and organ music from the Baroque
period and earlier.

3.  More works from British and Russian composers.

I have no idea how I'm going to do the above, continue acquiring within
the areas I already am strong in, and accomplish my primary goal for the
new year - buy less music.  I suppose I'll just have to exhibit more
discriminating taste; how do you do that?

Don Satz