From:
Jocelyn Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:17:07 -0800
Steve Schwartz replies to me:

>Jocelyn Wang:
>
>>However, no such justifications have been offered, because they do not
>>exist.
>
>Justifications have indeed been offered - a variety of them.  You just
>don't accept any.  And, come to think of it, you've offered only one
>justification, which apparently several people don't accept.  Are we
>any forwarder on this point?

Again, no justification has been made to overrule the will of the composer.
I offered only one, yes, but mine agrees with the composer's intent.  You
attempted to justify your position by claiming that the composer could
somehow be in error concerning the form he wanted his own vision to take,
but failed to state any basis that could possibly be used to determine
this.  Therefore, your attempt fell short.

-Jocelyn Wang
Culver Chamber Music Series
Come see our web page: www.bigfoot.com/~CulverMusic